Wednesday, August 10, 2016

EOC: Wk 1Best and Worst Jobs

My worst job was working for a company named Spartan business and Technologies. I served in this capacity as a benefits advisor for the Department of Veterans Affairs. It wasn’t considered a federal job, however it was federal work for a contracted company. What made this company such a nuisance was the lack of team work and no unit cohesion. “Team members who work closely together generally have increased creativity and great ideas. These advantages are very useful as employees make decisions, solve problems, and help plan how to deliver products and services. Professional managers know that the quality of teamwork relates directly to the quality of the customer experience that is provided” While working for this company I was required to pay for govt. training events out of my own pocket. We were originally informed that our company would provide accurate funding for certain training. Later we were asked to support ourselves and we would be reimbursed no later than 2 weeks after the first day we returned from training. Well, let’s just say that didn’t happen. The last and final time I traveled with this company was to Colorado. Airfare was covered, as was room and board so I wasn’t complaining. Long story short. I was fooled. I hated the company and its poor leadership. After 6 months I left.

My best job was being a United States Marine. While in the Marine Corps, I had the opportunity to travel the world. I also participated in various special missions stateside and internationally. The only things I wasn’t too fond of while in the Corps were painful Middle East (Iraq) deployments. I met a lot of great people, some I consider my family for life. Marines are known for comradery and handling business. I would say it was one of the most challenging experiences in my life to this point. I loved every second of the Marine Corps and, Yes I would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment